Braun Series 3 370 Men's Shaver

Braun Series 3 370 Men's Shaver, I waited a couple of weeks to write this review so I could let my face get used to a new razor.

Background: I have used Norelco rotary shavers since I began to shave as a teen. My skin has always been sensitive and any time I tried a non-rotary shaver my face would become red and irritated. I also felt I was getting the closest electric shave possible with a rotary shaver. Sometimes I will go several days without shaving and as much as I liked rotaries, they do not do well on a heavy beard growth.

The switch: Whenever the blades needed replacing on my rotary shavers I would buy a whole new razor. The price of replacement blades is almost as much as the shaver itself. My most recent Norelco served me well but in recent months shaving became a dreaded experience. Norelco uses a motor rather than a vibrator like most other shavers and it can tend to slow down when the blades are dull and the beard is thick.

The decision: Although I have never had luck with non-rotary shavers I tried a friend's Braun once and was surprised how much closer it shaved and how my face felt good afterward. His was the cheap $29 model and I would have been happy with it, but I liked the style of the Model 5775. Anything more expensive seemed to be just more gimmicks. I simply cannot see what would justify over $100 for an electric razor.

The review: This is the closest shaving razor I have ever owned and it actually makes shaving a pleasure. The wider head and the way the various slots are arranged lets me shave by gliding the razor over my face. No pressure needed.

The bad: It feels big and heavy (which can be taken as a positive ... is feels remarkably well built). The swivel head is pure gimmick. It doesn't swivel during normal shaving and seems to be useless. Braun could have made the shaver smaller, lighter and with fewer parts prone to break if they left that "feature" off Braun Series 3 370 Men's Shaver.

0 comments:

Post a Comment